April 26, 2017

IF

IF we break up, I want closure.
None of this bitter high school mentality that usually follows after someone leaves.

I want a long talk about what went wrong, why we couldn't fix it, and how we'll move on afterward.
I want to know how I made you feel and what thought-process led you to the decision you're making.

Because if I spent a fraction of my life devoted to loving you, you can't expect me to let you go without any explanation as to why you're going in the first place.
If I love you, there will always be a piece of me that loves you.

So let's talk it through and forgive each other.
Neither of us are perfect and we're both still learning how to love.

And that's okay, it is.

But instead of seeing each other the next day and awkwardly pretending we weren't anything at all, let's forgive each other now and move on. Make peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment